Monday, July 15, 2019

Summer reading list: Two juicy mysteries and two au courant memoirs



I haven't reviewed any books in nearly a year, so here's an attempt at catching up!
Here are links to four reviews of books I've read in the last few weeks -- two juicy mysteries and two au courant memoirs.

Mini review: Inheritance, by Dani Shapiro, Penguin Random House - read this memoir if you're thinking of getting your DNA tested! Read my review here.

Mini review: A Mind Spread Out on the Ground, by Alicia Elliott, Penguin Random House - read this if you're interested in reconciliation. If you're not, there is even more reason to read it! Read my review here.

Mini review: Big Sky, by Kate Atkinson, Penguin Random House - Jackson Brodie lovers rejoice - he's back! For Atkinson fans and newbies, a romp of a modern mystery. Read my review here.

Mini review: Conviction, by Denise Mina, Hachette - part grand escape, part private eye meets podcaster novel, this one's a page turner. Read my review here.

And finally, although I've already passed the books onto a friend and didn't review them, I want to put in a recommendation for Sally Rooney's two novels: Conversations with Friends and Normal People. I read Normal People first, loved it, and immediately ordered Conversations with Friends, which I also loved. Rooney is an Irish writer and very interesting to read.

tracy.sherlock@gmail.com




No comments: